Midas International Trading Company was established in Kuwait in 1992, by Arab and Kuwaiti businessmen who have been in the trading and logistics business for over 20 years. Midas Trading International Co. (MTIC) quickly became the number one home and office furniture retailer in Kuwait.
In its vision to become one of the leading regional market leaders in the retail business of office and home furniture, Midas embarked on an aggressive marketing plan to expand its business beyond the Kuwaiti borders.
Midas Furniture Center was established in Jordan in 2002 and started operating from a magnificent 60,000 square feet showroom in Khelda and has become within few months of its launch the Leading Home and Office Furniture retailer in Jordan.
To capitalise on the reconstruction and long term market opportunity in Iraq, Midas has set up and registered an Iraqi sister company under the name of Midas Palace Trading Co. and has started its operations from the newly opened Midas Furniture Center in Baghdad in May 2003.
Today, more than 10,000 unique home and office furniture items are being offered by Midas, most of which are American brands such as Ashley Furniture Industries, Sauder Woodworking Co., Fairmont Designs, Standard Furniture, Pulaski, La-z-boy, Sealy and Simmons mattresses, Sentry safes and many others.
Midas has today:
- More than 400,000 sq ft of retail space
- 12 showrooms in Kuwait, one showroom in Amman and one showroom in Baghdad
- Revenue over $50 million
- More than 550 employees of designers, engineers, sales people, furniture technicians and customer services (400 in Kuwait, 80 in Jordan and 50 in Iraq)
- More than 300,000 sq ft of air conditioned warehousing space
- A fleet of more than 50 transport vehicles
- The capability to store, deliver and install our furniture anywhere in the region
Some of the recent completed works and projects include:
- Supply and installation of office furniture for the Iraqi National Museum in June 2003; contract awareded by ACOR and the State Department
- Supply and installation of military bunk beds and lockers for US soldiers at Al-Asad Air Base
- Supply and installation of office furniture for the CPA at Al-Ramady Presidential Palace in Iraq
- Supply and installation of office furniture for the Department of Justice and all related courts in the Governorate of Al-Anbar in Iraq
- Multiple contract awards from KBR for office furniture
- Supply and installation of 1,100 work stations for CFFLC operations in Kuwait
- Supply of housing furniture for soldiers in Camp Arfjan, Kuwait
For more information, please visit our website: