IPIP SA is a Romanian Institute of Engineering and Design for Oil Refineries and Petrochemical Plants with a large range of capabilities and experience, which has dedicated its activities and services to the petroleum, hydrocarbon processing and petrochemical industries as well as to their related fields.
IPIP SA has fully designed the 11 oil refineries of Romania, totaling a processing capacity of about 40,000,000mt/y, and achieved a great number of objectives abroad, spread worldwide and comprising mainly of oil refineries, lube oil /gas processing complexes, oil terminals and other associated facilities including pump stations and interconnecting piping.
The large spectrum of services offered by IPIP includes, without being limited to:
- Project management and engineering services comprising plant evaluation, basic and detailed design, procurement, inspection, safety management, commissioning and start-up for oil and gas processing, petrochemical and chemical units, ensuring the observance of cost and time limitations to the project, and other related services
- Technical consultancy and assistance for oil processing and related fields, as well as for electrical and automation industries, provision of technical support by experienced specialists, technology evaluation and selection, business consultancy, system developments, etc.
- Basic and detailed engineering and design for process and auxiliary units, utilities, terminals, technological equipment, and offsite facilities, including provision of complete basic design packages, detailed design and drafting, detailed engineering specifications, detailed plot plans and piping layout, control systems, piping engineering and design, geological and land surveys, monitoring of detailed engineering activities of other parties, preparation of job specifications meeting project conditions, elaboration of operating manuals and handbooks, preparation of regulatory provisions according to domestic governmental rules, etc.
- Project support services, evaluation of bid packages, analysis and selection of vendor’s offers, working out of specifications to obtain bids from licensers, correlation of capacities and products, cost analysis and reporting systems, cost control programs to prevent the occurrence of overruns and cash flow difficulties, procurement, expediting
- Erection engineering for piping systems, automation and electroenergetical systems inclusive of process advanced control systems
- Technical assistance during erection, precommissioning, commissioning and start-up activities, including performance guarantee tests, technical guidance for troubleshooting and on-the-job training provided to customer’s personnel
- Equipment shop drawings for oil refineries and related industries and facilities including fired heaters, heat exchanger, trays, packing and packed tower internals, separators, boilers, incinerators, deaerators, desalters, air-coolers, etc.
- Environmental studies, engineering and design, including studies and survey reports, assessment of environmental impact, environment and water systems management, waste management, pollution prevention, recovery of by-products, etc.
- Procurement of equipment and materials
IPIP SA has been audited and approved by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance to the Quality Management System Standard ISO 9001:2000, EN ISO 9001:2000, BS EN ISO 9001:2000, SR EN ISO 9001:2001 for engineering, basic and detail design, project management, procurement, consultancy and technical assistance for oil refineries, gas processing and petrochemical plants, pipelines and related facilities.
For more information, please visit our website: