University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) is one of the world’s leading providers of international assessments. We have a broad range of qualifications, created for an international audience and recognised by universities, education providers and employers across the globe.
As part of the University of Cambridge, CIE has a strong pedigree in development and research. We constantly review our provision and introduce new subject areas and qualifications. We also strive to improve the support we offer our network of registered centres and utilise innovative technology for delivery, assessment and administration.
CIE has been offering qualifications in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for many years. It has a strong presence throughout the region with more than 300 schools and training providers in over 25 countries.
CIE's general qualifications provide a means of assessing ability in a wide range of subject areas. Although primarily school-based, they are also taken by a growing number of adults wishing to further their careers, extend their knowledge or enter a university programme:
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- International GCE Ordinary Level (O Level)
- International GCE Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS Level)
- International GCE Advanced Level (A Level)
- Advanced International Certificate of Education Diploma (AICE Diploma)
- Cambridge Checkpoint
Enhancing and extending CIE's portfolio of academic qualifications, Cambridge International Diplomas focus on the needs of employers. These professional qualifications aim to equip students with relevant, transferable skills which enable them to enter the world of work and progress successfully in their chosen careers. Some of the qualifications in this suite are also suitable for academic progression.
Cambridge International Diplomas are available in the following areas:
- Cambridge International Diploma in IT Skills
- Cambridge International Diploma in ICT
- Cambridge International Diploma in Computing
- Cambridge ICT Starters
Cambridge for Business
- Cambridge International Diploma in Business
- Cambridge International Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Cambridge International Diploma in Office Administration
Cambridge for Teachers and Trainers
- Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers
- Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching with ICT
Cambridge for Management
- Cambridge International Diploma in Management
- Cambridge International Diploma in Project Management
Cambridge’s position as a world leader in university education and reputation for business excellence and innovation underpins the quality of CIE’s professional qualifications. Coupled with this, we have extensive experience of developing syllabuses and assessments for a global market and have worked with various specialist professional organisations in developing these qualifications.
Working with CIE
Our customers in the region include ministries of education, schools and colleges, training providers and multinationals who all recognise the value that a Cambridge qualification offers to their students and employees. CIE is dedicated to bringing customer service closer to you and has full-time business development managers in Cairo and Dubai.
For more information, please visit our website: