BPB is the world leader in the supply of plasterboard and gypsum plasters and a major supplier of insulation, ceiling tiles and related products for internal linings, serving growing markets for building systems in over 50 countries and operating 90 manufacturing plants. BPB's group turnover is circa £2 billion, with the company employing over 12,000 people.
We aim to be the preferred choice for interior building systems that provide innovative design solutions, meeting the value expectations of our shareholders, customers and employees through:
- Growth of our leading European building materials business
- Investment in established and emerging plasterboard markets worldwide
- Enlarging our business base with complementary products which share similar routes to market
2002: Acquisition of the US wallboard business of James Hardie Industries. BPB becomes the global leader in plasterboard, selling a total of over one billion square metres per annum.
2001: Becomes a world leader in fixings through the purchase of Rawlplug.
2000: Becomes number one in Europe for EPS insulation material by combining acquisition of Heidelberger Daemmsysteme, the biggest producer in Germany, with Isobox in France.
2000: Acquires Celotex of the USA, creating one of the world's top three ceilings businesses.
1999: Majority share acquired in Thai Gypsum leading the way to developing Asian plasterboard market.
1986: Expansion into India plasterboard market through purchase of stake in India Gypsum Ltd.
1987: BPB becomes one of the leaders in building plasters and specialist and industrial plasters, plasterboard liner and packaging boards through major international expansion in Germany, Austria, Italy and the Netherlands with the purchase of the famous Rigips brand.
1968: Major expansion in the UK. BPB becomes a market leader in building and industrial products with the purchase of British Gypsum Limited.
1952: The beginning of international expansion into France, Italy and Switzerland with the purchase of Placoplatre SA (France).
1932: BPB launches on the UK stock market.
1915: The British Plaster Board was founded.
Selected product areas
- Standard partitions: A lightweight system providing a range of solutions from simple space division through to high performance walls.
- High performance partitions: A construction including stud framework, double layers of board and insulation provides the flexibility to meet demanding strength, acoustics and fire resistance requirements.
- Curved partitions: Flexibility in construction allows a curved solution to meet specified performance criteria whilst joining also ensures smooth seamless lining.
- Ceilings: Suitable for most internal applications including commercial and industrial buildings, a concealed or exposed grid supports ceiling tiles to provide a flexible and attractive solution, delivering insulation and fire resistance.
- Gypsum plasters: Gypsum plasters can be used in both new build and refurbishment and cater for all normal background types, from solid backgrounds to skim plastering onto plasterboard.
For more information, please visit our web site: