WAY INDUSTRY, a.s. is the privat slovakian manufacturing company with 30 years long
tradition in production of mechanical equipments. Today WAY INDUSTRY employs 532 people.
Board of Directors and financial group CAPITAL INVEST HOLDING became the private
owners of the company since 1999. Production is focused on following main products:
• BOZENA 4 – Mine clearance Mini-Flail System. BOZENA 4 (B4) mini-flail system is tracked mechanical mine clearance machine remotely controlled by a transmitter with a range of 2 000 m, designed for disposal of AP mines both pressure and tripwire fused and for AT mines up to 9 kg of TNT charge. The system is suitable for clearing between buildings, along paths, plantations, around solid obstacles and where the ground cannot carry heavy weights. It will mainly
be road transported on trailer between working areas. B4 is controlled from an armored, air-conditioned cabin by an operator with line-of-sight visibility (on request, the producer can provide protected camera system operating in conjunction with the remote control device). B4 is protected with an armored shield situated in front of the prime mover, directly behind the flail working tool. In addition, the whole machine is protected with an armored covering, giving sufficient protection against damage from detonations.
• BOZENA 5 – Mine clearance Midi-Flail System. Medium mine clearance system BOZENA 5 (hereinafter referred as BOZENA 5) is fresh new model in the category of Midi- Flail machines. BOZENA 5 is tracked mechanical mine clearing machine remotely controlled by a transmitter with a range of 2000 m, meant for clearing AP mines both pressure and tripwire fused and for AT mines. The system shall be suitable for clearing large mine affected areas. It will mainly be road transported on trailer between working areas. BOZENA 5 is controlled from an armored, air-conditioned cabin by
an operator with line-of-sight visibility. BOZENA 5 is protected from detonations by an armored shield situated at the front of the vehicle, directly behind the flail. In addition, the whole machine is protected with an armored metal covering, giving protection against damage from detonations.
• LOCUST - skid-steer loaders
WAY INDUSTRY, a.s. currently produces four types of versatile low and medium class
skid-steered frontal loaders of excellent technical parameters fully comparable with the
best products of other world manufacturers. They are equipped with standard
attachments such as 4 kinds of buckets, bulldozer blade, pallet fork, forks with holder,
hydraulic hammer, sweeping equipment, backhoe, drilling equipment, snow-blower,
• TALET 30 – aircraft hauler is designed for pulling and pushing of each type of military and civilian aircraft and helicopters:
• up to 50 000 kg of weight for concrete or asphalt surface.
• up to 20 000 kg of weight for harden grassy surface.
Furthermore, it is also intended to tow trailers with special airfield operating equipment on harden and non-harden surfaces. When utilizing the 3-point connection device with additional equipment (snow plough, snow hob, rotary mower and sweeper) the hauler is capable to clean aircraft parking areas of snow or loose impurities as well as to cut grass. TALET capabilities make it appropriate and cost effective tool for operations and services at both the civilian and military airfields.
• An integral part of production is a co-operation with other partners like ORENSTEIN & KOPPEL AG, Germany in manufacturing of chassis frames for their construction equipment. Past 10 years of involvement in production of mine clearance flail machines BOZENA, throught the development of former models BOZENA 1, BOZENA 2, BOZENA 3 and the latest Mini-Flail BOZENA 4 and Midi-Flail BOZENA 5, WAY INDUSTRY, a.s. has a big effort to be reliable provider of mechanical support to any demining organisation with following services:
• Production & delivery of the Flail machines directly to the site of operation/training;
• Guarrantied delivery of spare parts for minimum period of 10 years;
• Provision of specified Tool kits for establishment of suitable Maintenance units e.g. Field workshop and Mobile maintenance units and for each BOZENA Flail Team ;
• Training for selected client´s Operators and Mechanics eighter in country of deployment or in training facilities available in manufacturing factory in Slovakia. It is subject to negotiate;
• Provision of skilled manufacturer´s personnel during agreed initial period of project if required;
• Long term afer-sale care of client with provision of any future additional needs related to proper operation of all mechanical mineclearance flail machines BOZENA; Based on the fact that WAY INDUSTRY already has:
• 9 units of BOZENA 2 delivered in 2002 to Northern Iraq as a part of OIL FOR FOOD program and later in Nov 2003 handed over from UNOPS in Erbil to CPA in Baghdad;
• 4 units of BOZENA 4 delivered to Slovak Military Engineers operating under command of Polish Armed Forces in Central Iraq (within Baghdad-Basra region);
• 15 units of BOZENA 4 delivered to Iraqi National Mine Action Authority in March 2005; it would be great honour for us to provide all experiences gained from mineclearance operation of the above mentioned BOZENA machines already running in specific Iraqi conditions for support of further demining organisation running on their projects in Iraq.
For more information, please visit our website: